Co-Ed Sand Volleyball
* Sand Volleyball Court (Upper Fields)
* Date: April 23rd 12PM-4PM
NUMBER OF PLAYERS
Each team should start the game with 4 players, with a minimum of 2 needed to avoid a forfeit. One members of the opposite sex must be on the court at all times. Each team may have two varsity volleyball players on their roster. A player may play on only one team per sport.
* winner of the One Card flip will get choice...serve or side
* rally-scoring (every serve is a point) to 21 points and is at least 2 points ahead to win game.
* one 1-minute time-out per team
* Players may play barefoot, in socks or athletic shoes. (No spikes or Cleats)
* A team must have one member of the opposite sex on the court at all times
* If a service ball hits the net and carries over to opponent’s side, the ball remains alive
* serves may not be blocked
* after one player serves 5 times in a row - rotate
* upon winning the serve - rotate
* safe/controlled kicks are permitted
* the ball must pass over the net on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd volley
* the net may not be intentionally touched during play
* free substitutions = same spot or same person
* all other NCAA sand volleyball rules apply
*Depending on the number of teams submitted by Friday, the tournament will be run by either double elimination or single elimination. If more than 5 teams are entered, the tourney will be single elimination. The final tourney format is at the discretion of the IM Staff.
* All players assume their own risk with IM Sports participation.
* Arguing with officials will not be tolerated