As part of the BOW Three College Collaboration, the college presidents have established the Presidential Innovation Project Fund, which is available to the Babson, Olin, and Wellesley communities for projects that will enhance the BOW Three College Collaboration and the overall student educational experience.
The Presidential Innovation Grants offer an opportunity for members of the BOW Three College Collaboration – faculty, staff, and students – to submit project proposals related to the enhancement of the collaboration. The number of projects funded and the amount of the awards will vary from year to year based on project merit and available budget. The majority of awards will likely total between $500 and $2,000 but in exceptional cases, awards of up to $10,000 will be considered. The members of the BOW Faculty Steering Committee will assist in reviewing proposals and making recommendations on awards for approval by the college presidents.
Proposals are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Requires participation from at least two of the colleges. Participation from all three is preferable.
- Participation from multiple constituencies. Participation from faculty, staff, and students is preferable.
- Impact on the BOW Three College Collaboration.
- Self-contained nature of the projects (those that require on-going support will need to show other sources of support for continuation).
- Plan for assessment of project's outcome and dissemination of work.